Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
“God will make a way” is a christianese phrase that is used to encourage anyone who is feeling low or even to psyche yourself up.
This article is not to discount that phrase in any way, after all, God spoke through His prophets all throughout the bible, saying He will make a way, one of those key verses is in Isaiah 43:19 (NIV) “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
The LORD reminded His people of His covenant and promise not to leave them nor forsake them. This we see in Deuteronomy 31:6 (NASV) “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.“
I believe God already made a way from the moment He created man in His own image and likeness. His story (History) from the bible shows us various examples where God just had to open the eyes of the people to see with “forever eyes”. In the natural, you cannot see the way. We need our eyes opened so that we can see the way.
The bible talks about the persons below who had to have their eyes opened so that they may SEE the WAY that God had already prepared:
- Abraham – known as the father of faith. Romans 4:16 (NLV) “So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe.”
- ~ had to be reminded by God over and over about His promise to him and his descendants. Then the LORD even took Abram outside and said to him, “Look up into the sky and count the stars if you can. That’s how many descendants you will have!” (Genesis 15:5 NLT).
- After being blessed with a son, Isaac. He was asked to sacrifice him and we read about Abraham not even asking questions but laying his son on the altar. It is then that God opens His eyes. Genesis 22:13 (NKJV) “Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son.“
- Balaam – this one is more of a warning if you do not see in the spiritual, what might happen. He had the gift of the prophecy and was on a mission to go and curse the people of Israel. On his way he had an encounter where his donkey spoke to him.
Numbers 22 (NASB) 33“But the donkey saw me and turned aside from me these three times. If she had not turned aside from me, I would surely have killed you just now, and let her live.” 34 Balaam said to the angel of the LORD, “I have sinned, for I did not know that you were standing in the way against me. Now then, if it is displeasing to you, I will turn back.“
- Elisha’s Servant – last on my list is one of the major prophets who saw in his ‘faith eyes’ and asked God to open the eyes of the young man serving him. 2 Kings 6:17 (NKJV) “And Elisha prayed, and said, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.“
Friends, I personally believe God has already made a way for us, the only thing that is left, is for us to see with our forever eyes to show us the way.
The Israelites were aware of the prophecy of a promised land that was told to Abraham but because of the cares of this world (bondage in Egypt and the years gone by), they lost hope. They kept asking to go back when the going got tough since mentally they were not in the promised land; they were still in Egypt. Where they saw an advancing army of Egyptians out to capture them and before them a vast sea, God was already preparing a way in the SEA. The Lord who rules over the land, sea and air. He rules and has dominion over all. He is sovereign, omnipresent, and the omniscient God.
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV) But as it is written:
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.
Friends may you ask God to show you the way, believing that He has already prepared the way for you. Many at times we feel abandoned, all by ourselves when things do not go as we planned. Joblessness or loss of a job, business going down, seeing your friends marry or get married, waiting for a child as a couple, and all these and more are sure able to weigh us down. Would you trust God with your life and if you have would you believe that He has your best interests at heart?
Dear LORD, thank you for loving us even when we are slow in seeing things as you see them. Forgive us for having little or no faith to see the way that you have already prepared for us. In your name, LORD Jesus we thank you that you never leave us nor forsake us. May you help us overcome our unbelief. Renew our strength for those who feel like they have hit a dead end; may you help them see a way through that wall. Refresh our spirit for those who feel they have been going round and round with no end in sight, LORD would you uplift them.
Lord I pray this in the most holy name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, AMEN
© Caleb Bett and living water and bread of life, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Caleb Bett and living water and bread of life, 2016 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content